Losing those last bits of excess fat is harder than people realize. A major reason behind why this occurs is that losing weight creates overall fat reduction rather than targeted spot reduction. Because of this, after weight loss, many people are left facing fatty deposits and a body shape that was not their intended result.
For a long time, liposuction was the preferred method of targeted spot reduction for getting rid of body fat. But now, there is a new process that is turning heads: CoolSculpting.
What Is CoolSculpting?
The story goes that a group of researchers discovered that children eating popsicles tend to form dimples in their cheeks. They looked into why this happened and learned about cryolipolysis, or fat freezing. They eventually patented the cooling procedure that is used in CoolSculpting today.
CoolSculpting is a non-invasive procedure that uses cooling technology to destroy stubborn fat cells, which the body then processes and filters out over time.
The Top 5 Benefits of CoolSculpting
CoolSculpting is a process that doesn’t just bring about excellent results but is a cheaper alternative as well. The results are found to be more natural looking than those of liposuction, and it comes with fewer potential side effects. Here are the top 5 benefits of CoolSculpting:
1. Safety: The CoolSculpting process is entirely non-invasive. That means that there is no surgery involved, no scalpels, no injections, and no anesthesia. There is also no risk of side effects like nerve damage.
2. Convenience: CoolSculpting is a procedure that has no downtime. You may feel slightly numb from the cooling, but it is nothing that will stop you from going back to work that same day. It only takes an hour per treatment area. Because the overall process is a gradual one, you can plan and target areas for fat reduction over a period of time. You will see your body gradually attain a more natural-looking shape without the excess fat.
3. Targeted Treatment: Everyone’s body is different, and the highly flexible nature of this process means that you can apply it to excess fatty deposits in any part of your body. You will see a reduction of these deposits in the targeted areas. The treatment’s targeted nature also comes into play in terms of avoiding damage to other types of tissue during treatment.
4. Long-Term Results: The best part about CoolSculpting is the natural-looking results the process creates. Within three weeks, you will start to notice visible differences. Between three to six months, your results will become more apparent. Because the fat cells will be destroyed, the results will be permanent.
5. Effectiveness Against Stubborn Fat: With CoolSculpting, those stubborn fat deposits that just wouldn’t go away will be a thing of the past. The cooling process permanently destroys the fat cells and leaves you with a contoured body.
Getting rid of those annoying fat cells is no longer a pipe dream. If you’re ready to get your body looking poolside ready, contact our office. Experienced and board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gregory Mesna will be available to answer any questions you may have about CoolSculpting.